If you are currently running ZerOS 184.108.40.206 or earlier, ZerOS can be updated by creating a bootable USB drive using the ZerOS USB Creator. This can also be used to recover consoles that have experienced an error during the software update process.
Once downloaded, extract/unzip the software, and then run the ZerOS software application (.exe) (NOT Phantom ZerOS) on a Windows PC (preferably with admin rights) to create a bootable USB Memory Stick. You will be presented with the screen below:
To perform the update, you will need a USB Memory Stick, which will be erased and formatted as part of the process. Make sure you first backup any data on the USB Memory Stick that you wish to keep. Insert a USB Memory Stick into your Windows PC and then click "> Next".
Then follow the on screen instructions of the ZerOS USB Creator. After a few minutes, the install creator will instruct you to remove the USB Memory Stick, which now contains the update for the desk.
- Remove the USB Memory Stick from your PC and insert it in one of the console's rear USB ports
- Power on the desk and the desk will automatically boot into the software update application. It is recommended that you have a monitor, keyboard and mouse connected to the desk to perform this update, but not required on FLX.
- Press the [Install ZerOS] button on the monitor and the software will be installed
- Once the update is complete, you will be taken back to the "Install" screen
- Switch the console off, and remove the USB Memory Stick
- Reboot the console, and you will boot into the newly installed software