Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

jester ml24 error 001

Mr Willis

Hello, having read other posts, this seems to be a recurring theme, I am a technician in a school that has no previous experience with this sort of equipment, Help!!!!!

I have worked here for several years and it has worked well, but its now been brought to me with an Error 001, I have followed a few threads in here and done a few basic things, I have replaced the internal battery, I have downloaded and extracted and ran the .Jos file and everything seemed to work correctly, pressed enter and I am back to where I was before, the error comes up, before i done the battery change and update hand I was getting weird text on the screen but now the enter button wont take me out of the error message.

ill add another couple of images, any help would be greatly appreciated

Ross

1000018547.jpg

Hi Ross,

If the Enter key no longer selects <OK>, it suggests something might have become unconnected / changed when you opened up the console to replace the battery.

Give Keith a call on +44 (0)1633 833101 whilst you're in front of the console - he'll be able to walk you through various checks.

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Sorry to hear you're having hassle with your Jester ML - Keith will be along soon with a better solution but for the time being...

'Bad Product ID' is usually because the battery has failed - once the battery is replaced then selecting 'OK' should boot the desk - first thing to do before all else is to a Clear/Reset in SuperUser before doing anything else so the desks internal processor tables can be set to a default vale - this often resets the 'Bad Product' message.

Daft question but was the new battery inserted correctly ii.e not upside down? It does happen - I had a customer do this earlier this year & swore blind the desk was corrupted until he realised someone else had replaced the battery and put the new one in the wrong way. (To be honest - in my experience Jesters have proved as reliable as the old Sirius)

What happens if you remove the update flash drive and just power the desk on with no buttons held down? I can't say for definite but the presence of a flash drive as the desk boots might be skewing things - it shouldn't but it might. I've had it happen to me, the USB bus is initialised early in the boot process to ready a keyboard or it might simply be trying to 'size' the flash drive - this might be upsetting the boot process?

If all else fails - I have a couple of processor boards in stock, along with an ML front panel and fader boards - I'm sure we can get you sorted but it's likely to be something simple.

• Like 1

Ian Knight aka The Service Guy - www.serviceguy.co.uk

Hi Ross,

I think Mr Knight has pretty much covered all the main things, the reset being the biggest one when you change the battery.

The only other one to look for is the the contact under the battery is a small leaf spring, this could be too low or tarnished so worth giving it a clean and gently lift it up so it makes a good contact with the bottom of the battery.

• Like 1

Regards,

Keith Rogers

Zero 88 Support: support@zero88.com