Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

submasters and moving heads

minimac

hi there, a couple of questions.

when putting martin minimacs on submasters, can i fade up and fade down with the movement of the submaster. as with generics you can programme fade up and fade down times, the minimacs use the shutter to fade up and down, would the same effect be possible? or do i have to put fade up (shutter open)on one fader and then fade down (shutter close) on another?

when using submasters, you put sub 1 up on page 1.Flick to page 2 and try and put something up on sub 1. it doesnt do it? then when you bring the sub down, still on page 2. nothing happens? have i a bug or has any one else got this?

:twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8) :twisted: 8)

As mentioned elsewhere in these forums (I'll add a link when I find the relevant topic) .. the submaster fader only controls the HTP data which is programmed on to it.

The HTP data is comprised of the generic/dimmer channels, which are programmed from the preset faders and fixture brightness parameters.

Fixture LTP parameters (colour, beam and position) are triggered when the submaster fader reaches the LTP trigger point. The LTP parameters will either snap to their programmed values or fade in the LTP fade time depending on which actions are set for each attribute.

If the minimac has a shutter this will almost certainly be defined as a beamshape parameter and therefore will be processed LTP as described above.

However, if you edit the fixture profile for the Minimac using the Fixture Type Editor - you can move the shutter into Brightness and then its output value will be controlled HTP by the position of the submaster fader.

With regards to your second question - this is a feature known as page overlay and it works correctly according to the specification and design :D - see manual page 5-10 for further details.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

How do i put chases strait onto sub, without putting them on memory and then transferring with/without time?

Unfortunately, you can't. Explanations and reasons behind this have been given elsewhere in this forum (I'll add a link when I find it :) )

The only way to put a chase onto a submaster is to program a chase memory and then transfer it to the submaster.

If the chase is not part of the memory stack I would recommend programming at say number 900+ so it does not interfere with the playback X.

And can i copy from the sub master pages, onto the memory? or can it only be done memory - sub?

Data cannot be transferred from submasters to memories in the same way as a memory can be transferred onto a submaster.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace