Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Newbie!

compynei

Took delivery of a Fat Frog and a Frog yesterday and from what I can see they are an excellent desk.

Got some manual reading and playing to do yet.

Anyone got any tips for a new user?

And Zero88 - I'm pretty sure its illegal to sell an electrical product without a fitted plug!!

Neil

Anyone got any tips for a new user? And Zero88 - I'm pretty sure its illegal to sell an electrical product without a fitted plug!!

No it isn't, it's a standard, not every country has the same plug :D

And for tips: read the manual :Dand the notes

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

I presume you're referring to The Plugs and Sockets etc (Safety) Regulations 1994 SI 1994 No. 1768 .

These regulations specifically apply to domestic/consumer products. All of our products are sold solely for professional use and are as such not covered by this legislation.

That said, for users' convenience, we are considering supplying product with pre-wired plugs. However as Pipo says, there are issues to do with national standards here, which we need to look at in relation to stocking logistics etc. For instance some of our distributors buy one product from us, yet ship to multiple international destinations.

Changes from show to show. We have 743s, patt 23s, profiles (not sure of brand, but theyre old - Hoping to get source 4s soon - Anyone got a price on these??) fresnels (strand quartet fs and a few others) par 64s, 123s, a few PCs and 2 scrollers.

Amatuer theatre but made a contact with 4 mini mac profiles so hopefully bring those in!

Neil

• 3 weeks later...
Ive ordered A fat frog Any tips i should know about it

RTFM .. Read The Frog Manual :D

The latest issue describes all the functionality provided up to and including software version 9.0.

The Notes often contain very useful hints and tips which often get overlooked :D

Then there's the Hints and Tips Forum of which you are obviously aware as that is where this post is :P

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 1 month later...

Hi folks, im looking for some (or any) of you to help me out here, im going to LD for a concert held in november, we'll have about 35 generic channels and 4 Mini Macs. Now im not a stranger to the world of lights, but i am to the Fat Frog. I will have the Fat frog fro two nights before the concert along with the Macs. Is this enough time for a novice like me to program the concerts lighting?? I've already gone through all the bands songs and written out what lighting i want. It's just a case of programming it!!

Cheers

Stu

what exactly is a pallet, is that the colours or pattern i want for each step of eg. a chase?

A pallette is a "preset" it stores values you setted up on your fixtures.

They are availible on color/beamshape/position. using the channel flash button.

To store a pallette select the fixtures you want to use via fixture controls

set up the value you want to store maybe the color yellow.

then press color and the channel flash button 1 until the LED´s switched on.

now the channel flash button 1 is a pallette and can be recalled via pressing the color button and the CFB 1.

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone