Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Speed of a chase

dfinn

Hi,

My name is Daniel and our school has recently purchased a fat frog desk. i am head technical at my school and I am now quite familiar with the controls of the desk. I have not used the intelligent lighting effect part of the desk as our school only has generic effects and a few colour changers which we just put on the preset B when in wide mode.

anyways I just want to check that this is how to program a chase and set the speed etc

find a blank memeory and select mem type to chase

program all the steps one after another

now this is where i get stuck

to set the speed etc do I go down to the set modifiers and press enter or program?

and then after this do i simply set the speed by moving the speed control to the desired position and then going down to finish or do I have to press program beforehand?

I have just finished school so i wont be able to test it out until I GET BACK

Thanks in advance

Daniel

To set the speed, you record the steps of the chase as you detailed and then move down away from the Step <n> line. On any of the other lines, you can select the speed by moving the pot. You can also set the speed by altering the "Drive" modifier - Audio Trigger, Manual Trigger or (with Bass and Manual LEDs lit) Tap Twice to Set Speed. In this mode, you press the 'Step' button twice and then chase picks up the speed from your button presses.

To save the chase speed, you simply press Finish.

I hope this helps. For more detailed information, the Frog manual is well worth a read.

Peter Kirkup