Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Invert position of existing cue stack

O Thompson

Morning all,

I have pre plotted a show virtually, using capture. unfortunately, the movers on the virtual rig are rigged at 180 compared to the real rig... I don't have the option of simply rotating the rigged lights, but i have already programmed some intricate moves for scenes of the show. Rather than having to redo this, is there a way to invert the programmed data? I have tried inverting the fixture in the setup menu but it seems the desk anticipates this and applies the inverted setting to the playbacks, so my issue remains.

If you have used palettes, this is where referencing palettes is your solution - just update your palettes.

Invert is used when you want one half of your rig to do the “opposite” of the other - so 0 becomes full and full becomes 0.

You don’t want to do this. You need to “rotate” the fixtures by essentially adding 180 degrees to every value - there’s no software feature to achieve this.

Interestingly, we were discussing this internally just last week. The issue is that, depending on the fixture, you risk hitting the pan “stop” and hence can’t achieve what you programmed.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control