Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

More advanced programming

Haytech

Hi,

How do I program a chase including some fixtures to change colours without storing the brightness / beamshape / position data ?

My desk works already in 'partial' mode

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

Press&hold the attribute you want to store, and then use the program button; that way you'll only store that attribute. I think you have to repeat this for every step of your chase (would make sense)

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

Note - The fixture brightness parameter values are always stored in the memory data, even when the desk is in partial mode.

If you want to control the fixture brightness/intensity separately from another source, ensure that the fixture brightness outputs are at zero when programming the chase.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

(Of course) K-Nine is correct on that one... I guess that's because of the HTP nature of the Dimmer parameter. Too bad; cause that means you've got to put dimmer @ 100%; set the scene, dimmer to 0%; save scene; dimmer 100%; new scene... etc. etc; loads of work extra :)

Ice is correct - the difference being that brightness (intensity) is processed using a HTP method and the other attributes are processed LTP.

When editing memories/submasters in partial mode you can choose whether or not to save each of the LTP attributes (Colour, Beamshape, Position).

:idea: If there was a simple way to remove the brightness data from a memory or submaster (ie effectively set all generic channels and fixture brightnesses to zero) would this be a useful feature ?

Incidently, is there a particular reason why you would want to program a Colour chase without the brightness data ?

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Incidently, is there a particular reason why you would want to program a Colour chase without the brightness data ?

That's my way of programming (for party's only!) K-nine, separate brightness-chases on the faders and the colour/beamshape/position memories on the sx-buttons. So when you are programming, just program everything with the HTP-data, copy your memories to the sx-buttons and put the sx-fader @ 0.

is the htp-data still going to be recorded on the frog2 or do we get to choose?

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

:idea: If there was a simple way to remove the brightness data from a memory or submaster (ie effectively set all generic channels and fixture brightnesses to zero) would this be a useful feature ?

Jep that would be a nice feature!

I'm working a leapfrog; so no SX buttons, but I use the submasters in the same way... program bank 1 for colour chases; bank 2 for beamshape and use bank 3 or memory playback x for brightness.