Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Programming Conventional Lights

Jeff M.

Is there a way to set a scene with the top row of faders in 24 ch. mode and save that scene to one of the bottom row sliders as that scene? Or does all scenes have to be sent to memory and transferred to a submaster? If so is there a way to skip certain scenes when using the go command?

Channel Data (from the preset faders) as well as fixture data (for fat, leap and bull frog desks) can be saved directly onto submaster faders if required. See the Submaster section in the operating manual for further details. (See also the notes on release 9 software where you can now adjust the times on submasters recorded directly with channel data.)

If you are using the Go button to run through the playback stack (playback X) there are different methods of skipping scenes:

Manually select the Next scene to be output using the + key on the front panel, or if you have an external keyboard connected enter the memory number directly, then press the GO button.

or if you always want to skip certain scenes you can program a jump into the memory stack - see Memories section of the manual.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

I think Jeff means saving the data to sliders of bank B; 25-48.. as for that question; can't be done!

I think and hope that he meant saving the channel data on the preset A faders onto the submaster faders - which I have explained above :D

If he did mean the second row of preset faders, I would have to ask WHY 8O

Bran Media | Myspace

If you want to have both simple generic scenes and/or moving lights on your submasters, it is probably best to have the desk in Partial mode.

Remember that HTP channels (generic/preset faders and fixture brightness parameters) are always recorded when you record channel data directly onto a submaster, but the fixture LTP parameters (colour, beamshape and position) are only recorded if the fixtures are tagged.

Therefore if you only want the generic channels to be recorded onto the sub, ensure that all fixture brightnesses are at zero and all fixtures are untagged.

Bran Media | Myspace