Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Cue save options

Zulu

Hi. Apologies if this question is already addressed somewhere......

I’m working with a FLX S24. Whilst creating a long cue stack for a theatre-style Playback, I am looking to save a cue to a particular, as yet empty, cue, eg cue 45.

Is this possible?

The lighting state would,  by default, save to the next free whole number, which I could copy to the particular cue. But can I do it directly in the “record” action?

many thanks, Zulu

22 minutes ago, Zulu said:

I am looking to save a cue to a particular, as yet empty, cue, eg cue 45.

Is this possible?

Hi

If the cue exists (and maybe is empty) I would simply playback the cue and update it with the look I want, using "Update". If the cue don't exists, and I want it between for example cue 44 and 45 I would simply record a new cue 44.5: Type record and use a keyboard to type in 44.5 and click the cue-stack. If you don't have a keyboard connected you can press "Z/shift" and type 44.5 using the Syntax. If you don't like having a cue 44.5 you can go into advanced playback settings and renumber your cue-stack. Please note that you have to take into consideration tracking-options when you update or insert at new cue into a existing cue-stack. Also, if the look you want exist in a existing cue and  you want to record it into a cue in another cue-stack, I think you need to record the cue using Smart Tag or else nothing will be recorded.

Maybe this can be useful when using tracking:

Kind Regards droiddk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zulu said:

but can’t see where to specify 44.5 during the record action.

You simply just type it (right after pressing "Record") using a USB-connected keyboard, or by pressing "Z/Shift" right after pressing "Record" (then you can use the Syntax on  the touch-screen to type 44.5).

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards droiddk

• Thanks 1