Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Betapack L1 has no output power

Jac

Hi All,

I have a problem with my betapack3. I have searched online but can't find the solution. My pack has a 3phase 32A CEE connector. When I check all internal soldering etc I get the correct measurements. But no output on L1 what could be the cause?

Thanks in advance.

I understand the transformer failing is a typical cause. This doesn't mean this is the case for you of course, but it would be the first place I'd look if I had the lid off.

Your main men for this are either:

@KWR88 Keith at Zero88

Keith Rogers
Technical Support Representative
Global, Zero 88
keith.rogers@signify.com
+44 1633 833101

or

@iank99 In Coventry.

Both of whom will probably be along to this thread shortly with wiser words than mine...

16 hours ago, kgallen said:

I understand the transformer failing is a typical cause. This doesn't mean this is the case for you of course, but it would be the first place I'd look if I had the lid off.

It depends on the age of your Beta 3 - some of the first production batches did have issues with transformers failing, if you can post the serial number of the unit here - that will help identify it's age.

I also have a couple of Beta 3's on my bench waiting repair where the opto isolator & it's output stage appear to have been damaged by flash testing - the unit powers up but there's no output from pairs of channels.

Your profile doesn't show where you are but it might well be that your dimmer will need to be taken to your local Zero Service agent.

Ian Knight aka The Service Guy - www.serviceguy.co.uk

Hi Jac,

The s/n is on the rear of the unit and can be quite long, if you want to send that to me on the address in my sign off i can date the dimmer for you.

As mentioned the transformer is one possible cause but there are other parts that can give the same symptoms if they fail as well.

As you are already familiar with Controllux  would recommend them as you first point of contact to have the unit assessed.

• Like 1

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.