Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Snap color on Fader (urgent)

martin-144

Sorry, quick and urgent question:

How can I make a color to snap on a fader (fader only controls intensity, but color should be the same from the beginning)?
I am sure I asked that question before but I don't remember the solution and I couldn't find any related topic.

I am still on ZerOS 7.9.7, only for a small event I didn't yet want to upgrade and lose patch.

Thanks for a quick reply,
Martin

6 minutes ago, martin-144 said:

How can I make a color to snap on a fader (fader only controls intensity, but color should be the same from the beginning)?

Ensure the Colour fade time is 0 ? Assuming that is on a fader in Playback mode.

I'm sure that's not the question or the answer you're meaning as I'm sure you'd know this!

The fade time for that arrtibute is set in the cue. As long as the trigger point is not too high (it defaults to 5% I think) then if the Cue colour time is 0 then the colour should snap as you move the fader from 0.

I'm assuming you have a fixture with colour programmed into a cue on a playback, and maybe that cue is the only one on that playback - so raise the fader, cue 1 is triggered?

Maybe you need to turn off Release on Lower for that playback if your colour is going back to Default?