Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Frisbee Golf

sp

Moderation: split from the Introduce yourself topic, just to see how it develops :D

and frisbee golf.

I hadn't heard of frisbee golf b4 (had any1 else or am i just deprived 8O )

Anyway, i found this site that seems to explain what it is, if ur interested :)

Click here

sp

They used to have a full 18 'hole' course around the campus at Warwick University. I used to spend many happy hours throwing plastic disks around the grounds trying to hit posts. Made it even more interesting when they turned the cow field next to one of the holes into a lake :D

There was one chap in my year at Warwick who was actually a British and European champion at frisbee golf!

A quick Google search provided the following links:

DEREK ROBINS 1

DEREK ROBINS 2

... it looks like he is still playing and has even built his own golf course in Warwickshire 8O

There was also a team game called Ultimate which could be played outdoors, or indoors in a sports hall ... a game of possession and trying to reach the end-zone, a bit like American football but without any of the violence :lol:

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Well, 'officially' ultimate is a non-contact sport ... but then again so is basketball 8O

Maybe Guts Frisbee is more your style Graham :lol:

Guts frisbee is a frisbee team sport, similar to murderball. Five team members stand in a line with two teams lined up parallel to each other. One team starts with the frisbee after "flipping the disk", an action similar to a coin toss, but using the frisbee itself. One member of the team is then selected to start play.

That member then raises their arm to indicate they are ready to throw, at which point the members of the opposing team "freeze". The thrower then throws the frisbee as hard as possible at someone on the opposing team. If they miss the "scoring area" (roughly the area of the opposing team) the receiving team scores a point. If the throw is within the scoring area and the receiving team drops the frisbee, the throwing team gets a point. The receiving team then picks up the frisbee and becomes the throwing team.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace