Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

'Link' submasters

sp

This was carried on from the 'Frogs and the future topic'

My main difficulty with submaster pages is that i dont mind putting different chases and scenes on different pages, etc. but is there any way of linking subs on pages?

I.e. I nearly always have a basic white cover on sub 1. Is there any way of making it so that all subs 1s on the pages do a 'cover,' and change automatically when any changes are made to the first one?

If I were to add an extra lamp to the first 'cover' sub, it's a bit tedious to go through all the neccessary pages and update each sub 1, especially as the name is cleared each time you reprogram.

sp

Sam's suggestion is probably the simplest solution:

Program your 'white cover' as a scene memory (use a high number, eg 990, if it is not part of the normal memory stack).

Transfer the memory (with/without time, as required) to submaster 1 on each page of submasters.

I appreciate that this will take longer than before as you now have 20 pages of subs, but that's progress for you :D

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Hi all,

just a silly question of desk philosophy!!!

As I read through this topic I had the same idea than Sam. But a step forward.

Progamm a mem i.e. No. 999, transfere w. or w.o time onto Sub 1.1, copy Sub 1.1 to Sub 2.1, 3.1 etc.

NOW the Question. Does the desk software keep the Sub 1.1 as the original and all Subs which have been copied do still relate or ends the finished copy process the relationship between original and copy.

cheers Sven

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna

I have just tried this on a fat frog and it also works :D

If you copy a submaster with a transferred memory to another submaster, it retains the link to the channel data in the memory.

Therefore if you edit the memory, all the submasters which reference that memory will be updated automatically.

So I guess it's just a question of what you can do quicker - transfer the memory to sub 1 on each page you require, or transfer it to one submaster and then copy the submaster to each page :D

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Great!!!!

For general shows i´ld prefer to do it with referencing mem/subs then. Because you do have to manage all programming and copiing just once. Afterwards you only have to edit the original Memory and the whole desk/show is updated!!! :wink:

Another great tool for touring(the salesman has another PRO Frog feature!!) *LOL

Well, K-Nine i Think I organise a beer for you!!! :wink:

You`re doing a great job

cheers Sven

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna

I agree to Laubfrosch !

Well, K-Nine i Think I organise a beer for you!!!

Sound´s he earns more Beer we could produce in Bremen :lol:

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone