Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fixture Editor - Multiple modes

Techie_v2

Hi all,

Having attended Edward's training a few weeks ago on using the fixture editor software, I can't remember how to define multiple modes for the same fixture, i.e. 4channel, 8 channel etc.

I recall it has something to do with putting a colon in the fixture name, is it in the "long name" field? For example would I do: -

LEDJ Slimline 12Q5 : 4Chan

LEDJ Slimline 12Q5 : 7Chan

Thanks

Yes it's the colon.

Let me see if I can find the Fixture Editor document (and if it mentions this!).

ETA: The Documentation is a pdf in here. I don't see it mentioning the colon though:

https://www.zero88.com/storage/downloads/c77be706-29ab-4c26-85dc-ad29ca324f37/Zero-88-Fixture-Tools-2.6.zip

I'll have a dig back through some Forum questions as I've asked several questions in the past on "defacto" standards for fixtures... well I would, but of course the Fixtures sub-forum has been closed...

Here we go (in the Closed Fixture Editor forum):

"For the long name, use the Fixture's model followed by a space, then colon, then another space, and then the Mode name. If no specific Mode name then just put the channel count.
For the short name, type in as longer name as you can including the mode information within the character limit!"