Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

touch screen not working 17" iiyama T1731SR-B5

stepan s

i am not shure if i use the same model (i use iiyama T1731SR-B(some number i dont know) and had the same problem.

in the menu of the touchscreen is somewhere an option to change the input of the monitor (Auto/DVI/VGA).

it was on auto and didn't worked, i changed it to DVI and now it works great.

maybe its this...maybe not...good luck

Guess you've done the obvious check on the USB connection to the desk (I don't have that monitor but, on mine, the USB can be a bit precarious). If that is OK then go into settings (press setup and select settings on the left of the screen) and calibrate the monitor. If all else fails, restart the desk with the monitor connected and switched on.

Z88 people may have other/better suggestions.

Following on from Lluk above. If the monitor isn't displaying correctly then as well as checking the monitor is set to DVI, check the resolution in the desk settings is either Auto Detect or matches whatever the monitor is set to.

Monitor settings are covered on page 67 of the manual.

Did the touch calibrate using the descriptions above?

There are multiple drivers for Iiyama monitors - when on the calibrate screen if touch isn’t working then the screen tells you to press another key, Setup maybe, I can’t remember. Have you seen/tried this?

Are you on latest software 7.9.7?

VGA, HDMI, DVI...these are all about sending the. Video to the monitor - if it is displaying correctly then they are not a problem. Touch needs a USB connection as well so have you connected a USB lead between the monitor and the desk? Is this connection good (plugs both ends fitting snugly in their sockets)? Have you tried a different USB cable (one that you know works because you've used it for something else)? Have you calibrated the screen (as detailed in the manual)?

Lastly, if this is your monitor and if I have read the specs correctly then this is a single touch monitor, for most things this will be fine but you won't be able to select a range of colours in the colour picker (for example) as this requires multi touch.

As always, Z88 may come in with better advice.

Hello,

So I remember with the older firmware, 7.9.4 having also problems to connect my previous T1731SR-B on FLX.

after starting a new show having often problems to connect my monitor. But after this fist part (started new show) all the problems were solved.
but once set off for a new show, it is often difficult to calibrate the screen.

With 7.9.7 having no problems.

So now I change  for a bigger Monitor with multitouch. 

(Also forgetting "Update" option for exemple...)

1 FLX + 1 wing  "7.14" + 1  FLX "7.13" & 3 Wings  / 2 Touchscreen  // Jester 24/48 

2 Swisson XND-4R5 ENode  // Stairville : 5 Wash MZH 19X15w  - 31 Retro Flat Par 18X 12w RGBW 

Electroconcept : 36 Wash 18 X 10w Q188 //  ADJ 2 Spot Focus 4Z & 2 Spot Focus 5Z Led 200w  - VARYTEC : 12 Varytec Hero Wash 300 FC

LedStage : 5 PARWASH 19 X 15w // 10 Spot 200w // 19 Wash Par 12 X 18W   // 2 BOWLDER 12X40w WASH // 11 PARZOOM 19 X 15w