Jump to content
Zero 88 Community Support Forum
Howartp

Channel unpatching itself

Recommended Posts

Evening!

I patched in our back line of halogens a fortnight ago, desk channel 35, DMX channel 26.

They were working all night whilst I focussed.

The next night, @robhurt came to program and the halogens weren't working - channel 35 was still patched as a dimmer fixture but with no DMX assignment.

We patched back in and continued.  Rob has saved to his USB stick every night after programming or rehearsals.


Tonight we've come to run a rehearsal and the DMX assignment is missing again...

Attached is last night's saved file.

Thoughts?

Peter

Red Riding Hood 2020.isf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Peter,

The only thing I could think happened, is that you patched fixture 35 in the Fixture Schedule, focused whilst still in the Fixture Schedule, and then switched the console off. Setup settings and patch will not be saved continuously whilst you're in Setup, hence why you see the save text when you exit Setup as all your changes are saved. Could this be what you did?

Could you have edited another fixture's address to conflict with fixture 35? If so you will have received a warning, where if you had pressed "Patch Anyway", the console will have removed fixture 35's DMX address. I noticed fixture 36 is also unpatched, so perhaps the same happened to this fixture?

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Automatic" and "patching (unpatching)" sounds like RDM to me. Maybe it is turned on and does some silly things? Just an idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 10:03 AM, Edward- Z88 said:

Hi Peter,

The only thing I could think happened, is that you patched fixture 35 in the Fixture Schedule, focused whilst still in the Fixture Schedule, and then switched the console off. Setup settings and patch will not be saved continuously whilst you're in Setup, hence why you see the save text when you exit Setup as all your changes are saved. Could this be what you did?

Could you have edited another fixture's address to conflict with fixture 35? If so you will have received a warning, where if you had pressed "Patch Anyway", the console will have removed fixture 35's DMX address. I noticed fixture 36 is also unpatched, so perhaps the same happened to this fixture?

Edward

Hi Edward

No, I certainly came out of setup after patching - remember this has happened twice now, once when I had been doing patching, then a few days (and rehearsals) later.

We haven't added any fixtures since 35 (36 was going to be smoke but we abandoned that) and all other fixtures were already patched and set.

We have RDM turned off as our Robe 600's don't like it.

Fixture 35 is a dimmer channel on a Chilli 2410 pack (we've two making 48 channels) so no RDM either.

Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Peter,

On 2/15/2020 at 11:33 PM, Howartp said:

We have RDM turned off

Even if RDM was enabled, this wouldn't unpatch a fixture.

On 2/15/2020 at 11:33 PM, Howartp said:

Fixture 35 is a dimmer channel on a Chilli 2410 pack (we've two making 48 channels) so no RDM either.

As a side note, the newer Chilli dimmers are RDM enabled.

On 2/15/2020 at 11:33 PM, Howartp said:

We haven't added any fixtures since 35 (36 was going to be smoke but we abandoned that) and all other fixtures were already patched and set.

I don't see any reason why this fixture would unpatch itself. If it happens again, please save and send the show file again with the fixture still unpatched.

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.