Jump to content
Zero 88 Community Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RogerA

Effects / use and control effects

Recommended Posts

Hi, 

I work with Solution console and  I would like to programming changes, something to do advanced light handling and not just turn-on /off. 

After read again et again I don't undertand if understand if is possible to apply effects in playbacks, memmories  or submaster with any ligths or just with some of them. I work with  Cameo Flat Pro 18 (LED), Ignition Strip Blinder X  ( hallogens) and classic ligths ( Juillat, ADB,etc) . Before  having added my fixtures and created palettes , I can't apply effects. (Only one option is possible and does not work). 
I ve sear

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Roger,

If you are running the latest release software, when you press "Automatically Create Effect Palettes" 45 auto effects should be created. ZerOS 7.9.5 is the latest release software for Solution. If only one effect palette is created, please try installing ZerOS 7.9.5 again.

ZerOS 7.9.5 can be downloaded from our website here...

Installation instructions can be found here...

http://support.zero88.com/1518910761

Hope this helps, if you have any questions let us know.

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Edward, 

yes  installed it again and it works. THANKS. I have spent many hours circling without finding a response.


I have some  MKF with red led on and others redl Led off. I think that depend what kind of fixture I having selected

Now, I'ill try to creat my effects : turn-on, one by one , any lamp on my strip blinder ( with 10 lamps) to manage differents options.

any suggest ?

 

Thnaks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Roger,

Is the strip blinder patched as a single fixture on your Solution or as 10 individual dimmers? If patched as 10 individual dimmer channels, you can use the automatic Chaser effects, and apply an offset. If you have a single fixture patched with each Lamp under the "Beamshape" attribute, you will need to go to the Waveforms tab of the Effects window, and apply a Sine wave, speed, size and offset for each lamp. To open the Effects window, hold SHIFT and tap EFFECT.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions let us know.

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Edwards, 

many questions.

1)

On 9/6/2019 at 3:22 PM, Edward- Z88 said:

Hi Roger,

Is the strip blinder patched as a single fixture on your Solution or as 10 individual dimmers? If patched as 10 individual dimmer channels, you can use the automatic Chaser effects, and apply an offset.

 

I tried that and it did not work.

2)

 

On 9/6/2019 at 3:22 PM, Edward- Z88 said:

If you have a single fixture patched with each Lamp under the "Beamshape" attribute, you will need to go to the Waveforms tab of the Effects window, and apply a Sine wave, speed, size and offset for each lamp. To open the Effects window, hold SHIFT and tap EFFECT.

 

I tried that also and it did not work.

3)

At last....not MACROS  in console after update

 

Edited by Edward- Z88
Font size reduced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Roger,

Please send a copy of your show file to support@zero88.com, and one of the team will be able to take a look to see why the effects are not working for your strip blinders.

If you have any questions let us know.

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi Edward,

I received your e-mail and I managed to program an effect with an offset. I appreciate your help. But I can not apply the effects on the 10 individual dimmers for the Stripblinder. 

another question:

when I select my fixture Stripblinder and the press Home the lamps ar not on. And I have to select one by one and move weel to turn on all individual dimmer. It is possible to add modifictaion to mode HOME in this kind of fixture to turn on all dimmer one touch or one weel ? 

 

I try to edditing effetcs and I follow the instructions by the manual but is not possible. 

Thanks.

Roger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Roger,

Auto effects cannot be used across individual lamps of a single fixture, hence you need to build the effect using Waveforms. 

If the strip blinder was patched as 10 individual dimmers, you would be able to use auto effects.

23 hours ago, RogerA said:

when I select my fixture Stripblinder and the press Home the lamps ar not on. And I have to select one by one and move weel to turn on all individual dimmer. It is possible to add modifictaion to mode HOME in this kind of fixture to turn on all dimmer one touch or one weel ? 

Yes, fixture Home values can be edited. For information on editing fixture Home values, take a look at the article below...

http://support.zero88.com/1011411491

Hope this helps,

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Edward- Z88 said:

Auto effects cannot be used across individual lamps of a single fixture, hence you need to build the effect using Waveforms. 

Yes, I understand and it's work well like you told me at the mail. 👍

 

40 minutes ago, Edward- Z88 said:

If the strip blinder was patched as 10 individual dimmers, you would be able to use auto effects.

I try this option also, but effects are not enables for individual dimmers. 

 

On 9/17/2019 at 4:44 PM, RogerA said:

I try to edditing effetcs and I follow the instructions by the manual but is not possible. 

not possible to edit effects 

thanks 

Roger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Roger,

2 minutes ago, RogerA said:

I try this option also, but effects are not enables for individual dimmers. 

Of the 45 auto effects, effects 2 through to 10 are intensity effects. Do you find these are greyed out, and therefore cannot be applied?

3 minutes ago, RogerA said:

not possible to edit effects 

Auto Effects cannot be edited, as they are used to create custom effect palettes. To edit custom effect palettes, apply the effect to your fixtures, make changes using the encoder wheels, tap UPDATE, and then press the effect palette to store the edits.

Hope this helps,

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Edward- Z88 said:

Of the 45 auto effects, effects 2 through to 10 are intensity effects. Do you find these are greyed out, and therefore cannot be applied?

yes, they are not enble. only they are "On" ( red ) with fixtures are selected. 

 

20 minutes ago, Edward- Z88 said:

Auto Effects cannot be edited, as they are used to create custom effect palettes. To edit custom effect palettes, apply the effect to your fixtures, make changes using the encoder wheels, tap UPDATE, and then press the effect palette to store the edits.

I try that,  I move up just Speed , UPDATE and now my Effect plalette ( created one by one with Sine wave)  doesn't work 

 

Thanks 

Roger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.