Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

How do I load a show on my PC

wysiwyg55uk

I did a show over easter, and I would like to know how to load my saved show!!

If i look at my disc it has Show01.inf on it.

When I open the phantom frog editor the Floppy path is greyed out and when I go and use the brows function I can't find my file!!!

Am I just being stupid or is this a glitch??

I tryed the windows trick of using "Open With..." and selecting the phantom frog editor, it then read the disc, wrote to it and then subsequently still had a blank show on the editor, no cues submasters or any thing. I know the show was saved because I reloaded it haldway through the live run of Sweet Charity so I know it saved.

Please help!!!!

Ah, You need to choose the show from the desk but so go in as normal leaving the floppy path as A:/.

Once in go into super user ( + & - & Enter) and then go floppysidk>loadshow and then select Show01.inf and voila!

Sam

The 'Browse' button in the Windowsy bit of Phantom Frog is used to select a folder where your .isf show files are kept. You can only select this folder while the Froggy bit is not running.

The 'Open With' trick doesn't work with Phantom Frog, since the Windowsy bit wants a folder, not a file. All file operations are handled by the SuperUser menus in the Froggy bit.

• 4 months later...

Despite reading all the comments regarding loading a show file the browse function does not locate the file. I have checked and it is on the floppy drive and i have copied it on to the C:/ drive. Browse does not located in either location. I have the latest version of the Phantom.

Also can you select 'super User' on the Phantom desk? I guess if you could the show file could be loaded that way. :(

Also can you select 'super User' on the Phantom desk? I guess if you could the show file could be loaded that way. :(

You can simulate 'holding down' a button on the Phantom by right-clicking. - therefore you can get to Super User in the Phantom Frog.

You do still need to be able to select the correct floppy path, as the show list in super user simply displays shows in whatever path you told it beforehand.

Maybe a number list would be of help (I just went through this and it worked fine):

1. Copy the .isf file from your floppy disk to drive C:

2. Start the Phantom Frog Program

3. Click Browse, select Drive C: Just a drive, you WON'T see the file itself here, and press OK.

4. Check the monitor and desk boxes, then click Run.

5. Right-click + and - on the desk

6. Click Enter

7. Right-click again + and -

8. Go down to Floppy Disk in Super User

9. Select Load Show

10. The show should now appear on the list, press Enter to load.

sp