Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Move on dark

TEGA

Hi all,

i think that I have been trying to use the Move On Dark bit on the desk.

so far I have had no luck at all.

i have a simple moving unit. All I want it to do is when in playback, move to the next  position in dark.

can someone help with this. If I cannot do it with one light then what  chance do I have with 20 of them

thanks

Hi,

Assuming that Playback 1 is empty, and the moving light is Channel 1:

Push up Fader 1 to turn the intensity of the moving light to 100%

Change the colour and move the position

Press RECORD and then press the MASTER GO button (this records Cue 1 onto the Master Playback)

Pull down Fader 1 to turn the intensity of the moving light to 0%

Press RECORD and then press the MASTER GO button (this records Cue 2 onto the Master Playback)

Push up Fader 1 to turn the intensity of the moving light to 100%

Change the colour and move the position.

Press RECORD and then press the MASTER GO button (this records Cue 3 onto the Maser Playback).

Now ensure the programmer is empty (CLEAR CLEAR), and Playback the cues using the GO button. Once in Cue 2, after a few settings, you should see the moving light automatically move, so when you press GO to go into Cue 3, the Position and Colour are already correct 

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi.

I benefit from move on dark all the time now and usually it works in the background without me even knowing or worrying. One mistake I made early days was in doing a record-all/snapshot cue which will stop MOD working, and understandably. Hopefully Jon’s instructions give you a starting point - subsequently just beware of the record-all trap!

Kevin