Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

patching dimmers

TEGA

Hi all, I have just got myself a FLX S24.

I will be using it with LED wash lights and moves. But I will be using it with Dimmers which control par cans as well.

I have a 24 cannel dimmer. I know that the FLX S24 can have up to 48 fixtures. is there away that the dimmers can be just 1 fixture.

so they do not need to take up half of my fixture list.

I'm not sure I understand the point of this much - can only presume you have more than 24 non-generics.

What I think you need to create as a fixture definition will have 24 beamshape 'dimmer channels' plus one intensity channel as a virtual intensity to scale those 24 beam shape channels. This is because a fixture can only have one true intensity channel so you can't create one fixture with 24 intensities.

I'll have a go at building one for you... one moment...

Here you go.

This has 3 options so you can mix and match: 6ch, 12ch, 24ch versions. Each has a virtual intensity. So if you use the 24ch version then there is one virtual intensity to scale all 24 channels. You could however patch 4 fixtures each of the 6ch version then you would have a "master" intensity control for each 6ch group. Mix and match as you like. The actual dimmers are under Beamshape. The virtual dimmer (the one intensity channel) defaults to 255 so SmartTag should work ok for you.

Enjoy!

Kevin

Tega_Dimmer6_12_24.ift