Zero 88 Community Support Forum
SimonH

Artnet

Cant seem to get artnet or sacn to work. Any ideas?

edit, got sacn to work. What node are you using?

Edited by Afx
Success

1 hour ago, Afx said:

Cant seem to get artnet or sacn to work. Any ideas?

edit, got sacn to work. What node are you using?

It doesn't work on my desk and Edward organised a demo desk and it doesn't work on that one either. I was just wondering if anyone had upgraded the software and had it working.

Got 7.9.5 to work with showtec 8/5 node using sacn. Ill have a look on artnet again when I get back. 

Just after I updated to 7.9.5, I tried to use Artnetominator to check it. My FLX showed up in Artnetominator, and Artnetominator showed up as a node on the FLX.  I couldn't see any levels though.  I need to have a bit more of a play.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:27 PM, CPlater1 said:

Just after I updated to 7.9.5, I tried to use Artnetominator to check it. My FLX showed up in Artnetominator, and Artnetominator showed up as a node on the FLX.  I couldn't see any levels though.  I need to have a bit more of a play.

did the universes show up in green on the LHS?

Hi all,

As Simon mentions, he has discovered an issue where Art-Net data doesn't seem to be streaming. We haven't heard any other reports of this yet, so if you are experiencing the same issue please let us know.

On 6/27/2019 at 10:18 PM, Afx said:

Got 7.9.5 to work with showtec 8/5 node using sacn. Ill have a look on artnet again when I get back. 

AFX- that would be great if you could post back with your results.

On 6/27/2019 at 10:27 PM, CPlater1 said:

Let us know whether you find there is an issue.

We are continuing to try and recreate this internally and struggling, which is very frustrating!

Will post back when we have more information on the issue. If you have any queries just let us know.

Edward

Sorry I haven't replied with an update on this, been a bit busy.  I will try to set everything up soon and test, if this would still be of interest?

Hello,

10 hours ago, CPlater1 said:

Sorry I haven't replied with an update on this, been a bit busy.  I will try to set everything up soon and test, if this would still be of interest?

After investigation, it turned out to be out of date firmware on Simon’s gateway which was the cause of the issue. 

ZerOS 7.9.6 has been released since this thread, so feel free to use this if you wish to test. 

Edward

If have just try to connect my FLX S48 running Artnet enabled with ZerOS 7.9.6 and my PC with ArtNetominator. I can't see any packets in the Software.  The desk is sending dmx data on the second universe in the dmx monitor.

I see 16 Nodes in the ArtNetominator Software with the locale IP of the FLX. And the FLX shows me under Network Overview: Artnet 4 - 1 device connected.

So it seems that there is a data transfer. But i don't know if it's a bug of the PC software or if its a problem on FLX side.

Edit:

I opened Cpture on the PC and there you can see the Artnet Data comming in from the FLX. So it seems to be a bug on the ArtNetominator Software.

Hi Erics,

I’m confident there isn’t an issue here with FLX nor ArtNetominator. 

In the ArtNet 4 protocol, FLX won’t start transmitting ArtDMX until a device asks for an ArtNet universe. ArtNetominator is purely acting as a “sniffer”, and is therefore not requesting a specific universe. 

You should find however if you have an ArtNet device on the network the ArtDMX would be shown in ArtNetominator. 

Any devices that are receiving ArtNet, will be shown on FLX in Setup -> Devices.

Hope this helps and makes sense, if you have any questions let me know. 

Edward