Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

LF48: Swapping Main PCB

nbaldwin

We received a donor LF96 (partly damaged, no longer used) that I've harvested spare parts from including the main PCB (the one with the CF slot).

We have a LF48 that has a damaged VGA socket so was hoping to swap out it's main PCB for the donor LF96 one.

1) I'm assuming that they're the same PCB?

2) Is there anything I should do prior to swapping regarding backing up the LF48? Obviously all of our show data is saved but what about the fixtures? If I just put the CF card from the 48 into the 96 PCB when I swap them, will all of our fixture data be on there and load OK?

Thanks,

Neil

They are the same PCB - configuration between the two types is done by a combination of firmware & data on the CF card I believe.

I would save a show file if you're able to - just in case (I believe in Miurphy's law!).

I'm not sure about swapping the CF Card over but as you're fitting a CF from an LF48 on to a board that was a 96 - you won't lose anything in terms of "identity". A quick phone call to Keith should confirm this (I've never done it so can't be certain) - swap the battery on the "new" mainboard too for good measure.

Ian Knight aka The Service Guy - www.serviceguy.co.uk