Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

color mixing with two playbacks

DADOU67

Hello everyone !

I allow myself to post, because I am looking for a solution to a small problem ....

I explain myself:

I use led floodlights (RGBW) in fixtures Led units 4ch.

I record a cue in a playback (1) with these led lights in red; thereafter
I record a new cue in another playback (2) but in blue, always with the same projector led.

I just created 2 different color playbacks.

Here is my question, is there any trick that allows me to mix it is 2 color for example to get purple if I put the 2 fader at 100%

in advance thank you for your help

52 minutes ago, DADOU67 said:

this technique prevents us subsequently to use the effects on the projector select and that and annoying ....

Can you elaborate on what you mean? You say the fixture is 4 ch (R,G,B,W) so there are no channels there for inbuilt effects (strobe, colour macros). Using the technique of the support article should not affect you using the R/G/B/W channels of the fixture using any other mechanism that the desk supports, including the Effects engine.