Jump to content
Zero 88 Community Support Forum
MrBee

Selecting Fixture by VIEW

Recommended Posts

Hello

I'm an verry happy User of Zero88 Jester ML
And i have now the FLXS 24 here for testing, to buy und future use...
But so many Things of this Console is unusable or in wrong think.

But i see: new World have ne Futures and some new reason for thinking on Work...

Nice to use Display for Name the Fixtures
I dont like to use some duct Tape in the future.

but 😞
What about the limites small Fixture-Name i can see in Programming Mode.
My Regisseur dont understand Dim1 one or Dim1, hi says
Give me the LED left Hand in the Front 30% of Red please...
An then: Give me also the other Lamp back of them the same Color and Intens.

So i named:
"LED Left Hand Front"
"LED Left Hand  Mittle"
"LED Left Hand Back"
"MH Front Top of Head"

and so on...

In de Programming-Mode i always see "LED Lef..." for example

It wil be helpfull i can select Fixture by Tap in the View Display, there i can see the Full Name.
But this Display does nothing only for Lucky???
Many time i setup the whole Situation and the Users will programming the Scenes and they are not technican.

Som Whorse Thing also is Grandmaster.
How this Effecr start everytime on Cue 1 ???
Even if i seting up as Grandmaster or if i let him to Factory State.
I wil fix it with a Duct Tape or Glue ???
It doesn't work as Grandmaster, becouse his using starts the whole Chuelist by Cue 1 ?!ç%&?!

So i Setup a "Submaster-Fader" for been as Grandmaster.
That works fine, but the Problem is the "Grand-Master" is present in Front and the Users thinking about this
and sometime while the Show it will go from Cue 12 to beginning = 1 if he thake this Fader for wrong...

The Cuelist-Selection on Display is only for small Lady Handy and no long Fingernails 😞
I have much Problem with the users to tapping the right Cue if we are in Szene-Setting or Probing..

What about Caser on Master-Playback-List ???
It is absolutly not practicable this multi-miniature View on Playback-Fader-Display
We need some
magnifying glass  to reading "Current, Next and so on..."

But this is even no option, i have 50-70 Scenes i need in Plaback (on Jester calls Memory Master)

Anyway:
I will loking for new Console.
I was happy to using it like Jester ML
especialy Memory Master with man Scenes and some Scenes as Caser.
Easy and quick select any of this Scene in programming-Mode and also in Live-Mode if is needet.

Is there any Way to using this with FLXS

Thanks

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. I am glad you are enjoying the Zero 88 consoles! Hopefully the below suggestions might help;

On 5/21/2019 at 6:22 AM, MrBee said:

In de Programming-Mode i always see "LED Lef..." for example

It wil be helpfull i can select Fixture by Tap in the View Display, there i can see the Full Name.
But this Display does nothing only for Lucky???
Many time i setup the whole Situation and the Users will programming the Scenes and they are not technican.

Perhaps you could create your own Groups palettes with new names (like LED left hand side) for the non-technicians to use instead? This way they get to see the whole Group Name and you can double tap them to put them at 100%. To name a group, hold SETUP and tap the Group Palette. Traditionally, if I had to name individual dimmers, I would use short hand like CS for Centre Spot or DSL for DownStage Left. Otherwise I wouldn't name individual dimmers, just the bars they are on, for example, dimmers 1 through 6 named as Front Wash Bar Left to Right. That way you will see the whole Fixture Name for those lights.

On 5/21/2019 at 6:22 AM, MrBee said:

Som Whorse Thing also is Grandmaster.
How this Effecr start everytime on Cue 1 ???
Even if i seting up as Grandmaster or if i let him to Factory State.
I wil fix it with a Duct Tape or Glue ???
It doesn't work as Grandmaster, becouse his using starts the whole Chuelist by Cue 1 ?!ç%&?!

So i Setup a "Submaster-Fader" for been as Grandmaster.
That works fine, but the Problem is the "Grand-Master" is present in Front and the Users thinking about this
and sometime while the Show it will go from Cue 12 to beginning = 1 if he thake this Fader for wrong...

Do you mean the master level for the playback? In which case, to stop the cues from jumping back to the first cue (what we call releasing the cuestack), hold SETUP and press the playback GO button. Press Raise and Lower. Press Disable underneath Release on Lower. This will stop the fader from releasing the cuestack when you lower the fader.

On 5/21/2019 at 6:22 AM, MrBee said:

The Cuelist-Selection on Display is only for small Lady Handy and no long Fingernails 😞
I have much Problem with the users to tapping the right Cue if we are in Szene-Setting or Probing..

You can plug in an external USB keyboard into one of the FLX S24 USB ports and use the cursor arrows (left, right, up, down) and ENTER button to navigate the cue stack if you find it particularly tricky.

On 5/21/2019 at 6:22 AM, MrBee said:

What about Caser on Master-Playback-List ???
It is absolutly not practicable this multi-miniature View on Playback-Fader-Display
We need some
magnifying glass  to reading "Current, Next and so on..."

This view is for quickly seeing lots of information or for using as touch-control faders on an iPad or android tablet. To see the details of the currents and upcoming cues, hold the VIEW button and press the playback GO button you wish to see. That will view the cue stack recorded on that particular playback fader. It becomes second-nature to hold VIEW and press a playback GO button to see all the important details. You could also combine this process with connecting an external monitor or our ZerOS monitor app for apple and android phones (using the ethernet port) and you will be able to see lots of different information at the same time.

On 5/21/2019 at 6:22 AM, MrBee said:

I will loking for new Console.
I was happy to using it like Jester ML
especialy Memory Master with man Scenes and some Scenes as Caser.
Easy and quick select any of this Scene in programming-Mode and also in Live-Mode if is needet.

This is possible by using the Cue Stack icon (looks like a PLAY/PAUSE icon, next to the lightbulb icon) to see all this information, or use the hold VIEW+GO process mentioned above. You can also create Chases on any of the playbacks and then trigger those Chases from the Master Playback using the cue settings. Press Settings, press Macros, press Add next to Trigger Cue Stacks, select the Chase fader, press OK twice.

------

Apologies if I haven't exactly answered any of your questions, I struggled to understand all of your questions.

Hope this finds you well!

Thanks,
Nate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.