Jump to content
Zero 88 Community Support Forum

Chauvet FXPar9 - enable Colour Picker in profile?


Recommended Posts

Hi,

We've just taken delivery of some Chauvet FXPar9's for an upcoming show.  Using the v37 profile and 9-channel mode, I can access all the colour parameters on the encoder wheels to manually dial in colours, but the profile doesn't let me use the colour picker or mood board to select specific colours.  Could this be updated?  Ideally, as the fixture has an outer ring of RGB LEDs and a central RGB LED, it'd be ideal to be able to pick either set, then tap to select the required colour for each group of three channels.

Or is there a way I can enable this in the fixture builder?

Returning to Zero88 programming after a bit of a break, so simple instructions would be very welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

Fixture files can currently have only one set of RGB (W) control applied to the colour picking. Therefore if there is a fixture with multiple cells, the files are usually made where no elements use the picker to avoid confusion. 

If you wish, you can however edit the fixture file using the Fixture Editor software, and choose to either apply the central LEDs or outer ring to the picker. 

If you’d like a hand with how to do this, let me know. 

Don't forget although currently this particular fixture isn’t applied to the colour picker, you can manually dial the colour mixing parameters to for example red, tap UPDATE, and tap the red colour palette. This colour palette will then work for all fixtures in the console as well as the FXPar9s. 

Hope this helps and makes sense, any queries just let me know. 

Edward

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Edward, that’d be very useful if you could advise.  If I interpret you correctly, I could possibly have 3 custom profiles, so I could add the four FXPars three times over, with the same 4 DMX start addresses but with:

- outer RGB LED ring, accessing the colour picker

- inner RGB LED, accessing the colour picker

- strobe function

I’ve not used the fixture editor before, so an idiot’s guide would be great.  Alternatively/additionally, we could muddle through this show and it’s maybe a good excuse to get to PLASA again in September with a USB stick and get some face to face training? :)

This might not be the best place to ask this, but whilst I’m here, is there an easy way to quickly set an encoder to zero?  I’d find it helpful when dealing with RGB colour mixing as things seem to default to 255.  I’d hoped that a quick double-tap on the centre of the encoder or on the individual blue channel tabs at the base of the touchscreen might do it, but it didn’t seem to - could this perhaps  be a future feature?

Thanks for all your advice and help!

PS: we had training on our new FLX S24 desk this weekend from TFG/Stage Superstore in Manchester - they did a great job and were a real pleasure to work with.  Just thought I’d let you know your remote training teams are doing you proud...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

13 hours ago, drscoop said:

Thanks Edward, that’d be very useful if you could advise.  If I interpret you correctly, I could possibly have 3 custom profiles, so I could add the four FXPars three times over, with the same 4 DMX start addresses but with:

- outer RGB LED ring, accessing the colour picker

- inner RGB LED, accessing the colour picker

- strobe function

I’ve not used the fixture editor before, so an idiot’s guide would be great.

A user guide for the Fixture Editor software can be found attached to the article below...

http://support.zero88.com/975405071

I have quickly made the fixture file you require below...

Chauvet FXpar 9 9Ch.ift

This file contains an Outer ring control, and an inner ring control. To patch the fixture, patch the outer ring matching the start DMX address of the fixture, and then patch the inner ring at the next available address after the outer ring.

This will then give you two channel faders on the console to control the inner and outer rings of the fixture - the inner ring control also has the strobe functions.

13 hours ago, drscoop said:

Alternatively/additionally, we could muddle through this show and it’s maybe a good excuse to get to PLASA again in September with a USB stick and get some face to face training? :)

If you can get to PLASA in September we could certainly have a chat through this as part of the training session.

13 hours ago, drscoop said:

is there an easy way to quickly set an encoder to zero?  I’d find it helpful when dealing with RGB colour mixing as things seem to default to 255.  

With RGB parameters, the easiest way to dial them all to 0, is to go to the colour picker (pressing the middle encoder button for either Red, Green or Blue parameters is a shortcut to get you here), and then use the on-screen fader to the right of the picker to scale them all to 0. As well as using the encoders to dial to 0, there is a hidden syntax method. To do this hold Z/SHIFT, and tap the parameter name on the touchscreen, and then tap Z/SHIFT to type @ 0 ENTER in syntax to set the level to 0.

13 hours ago, drscoop said:

we had training on our new FLX S24 desk this weekend from TFG/Stage Superstore in Manchester - they did a great job and were a real pleasure to work with.  Just thought I’d let you know your remote training teams are doing you proud...

That's great, really glad to hear you enjoyed the training.

Hope this helps, if you have any queries let me know.

Edward

Link to post
Share on other sites

That profile works perfectly, thank you!  Now just need to ask Capture to get the FXPars working in the visualisation package - I don't seem to be able to get them to come on with either the original or revised profile, though I can see the desk is outputting DMX....

Hope to see you at PLASA!

Link to post
Share on other sites

What protocol are you using to talk to Capture? If you are using CITP, when you tap Z -> System Information -> System Text, can you see your Capture PC displayed as connected? Under Network Overview, does CITP say it is transmitting?

Edward

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.