Jump to content
Zero 88 Community Support Forum
machmo101

Showtec sunstrip

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

anybody had any luck using the effects engine for sunstrips? Wanting to create some “twinkle” effects but not had much luck!

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

If you wish to use the Effects engine on your Sunstrips, I would recommend patching each individual lamp as a dimmer. You’ll therefore have 10 dimmer channels patched for each Sunstrip. This will allow you to select all of them together, apply an effect, offset it, and it will run across the lamps in the Sunstrip. You can then record groups on the console if you wish to control a Sunstrip as a single fixture.

Hope this helps, if you have any queries let me know.

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 3:24 PM, machmo101 said:

Hi all,

anybody had any luck using the effects engine for sunstrips? Wanting to create some “twinkle” effects but not had much luck!

Thanks in advance

The way I've done this with our sunstrips is to go into EFFECTS press the WAVEFORM and add a RAMP or RAMPINV to each lamp followed by setting different offset values to each lamp.  Save the effect to an effect palette, you should now be able to select the effect and control the speed.  Doing it this way means you don't have to define each lamp as a separate fixture.  Have a go and see how it works for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 10:37 AM, Peachy001 said:

The way I've done this with our sunstrips is to go into EFFECTS press the WAVEFORM and add a RAMP or RAMPINV to each lamp followed by setting different offset values to each lamp.  Save the effect to an effect palette, you should now be able to select the effect and control the speed.  Doing it this way means you don't have to define each lamp as a separate fixture.  Have a go and see how it works for you.  

Hi folks,

I have tried to reproduce this on Phantom. If I select a patched Sunstrip and try to apply an effect like described, my output window looks like in the attached picture. I can see there is something going on in the DMX output view. But you cannot see any effect applied in the channel view (here it is channel 51). Is this how it's intended to be?

Martin

 

image.thumb.png.f087fa4c09920881721bb071d0137a11.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, martin-144 said:

Hi folks,

I have tried to reproduce this on Phantom. If I select a patched Sunstrip and try to apply an effect like described, my output window looks like in the attached picture. I can see there is something going on in the DMX output view. But you cannot see any effect applied in the channel view (here it is channel 51). Is this how it's intended to be?

Martin

 

image.thumb.png.f087fa4c09920881721bb071d0137a11.png

Yes Martin, when an effect is running the output window in phantom doesn't show the intensity moving on the individual lamps.  You'll find when you run it on the desk with the Sunstrip connected to the desk, this will be working.  If you record this into a playback fader, make sure the intensity on the Sunstrip is on FULL before recording.  This will allow you to adjust the overall intensity of the effect when the trigger on fader is enable on the playback settings (raise and lower setting). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Martin,

As Peachy says, this is correct. If you select the fixture and go to effects, you'll get the details on how these parameters are being adjusted. 

The values in the output window are their base levels the waveform is manipulating.

Hope this helps,

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.