Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Pallette Problems

jclark2906

I've programmed a touring show using a Mambo Frog and 8x Mac 250+. The show isn't supposed to tour with any technical staff (although I am for now!), the idea being that every memory references one of a small number of Position Pallettes, and so the only thing to change for each new venue is the position Pallettes.

The problem is this. I modify and save the Position Pallettes according to the venue, save the show to disk, the show runs perfect.

Next venue, none of the memories now reference Position Pallettes, all show real position data and/or have movement effects, so have to repeat the whole process again!

Am I missing somehting obvious here?

Hi JClark,

Surely you know that program a pallette to a cue memory it is required that fixtures are tagged, pallette information is shown on the right wheel group disp. exp. P1 P1 P1 on the position parameters ...

then it will be saved on the cue ... as a scene.

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

A problem was identified with cues referencing position palettes when the show was reloaded off floppy disk, or the desk was power cycled causing the show to be reloaded from flash memory. The position data was incorrectly read back, resulting in rogue movement effects being added to the position palettes :oops:

This bug has been fixed in Version 9.6 of the software. :)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace