Zero 88 Community Support Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MatthewD

How to control the FLX S Buttons remotely from ZerOS Monitor?

Hello,

Is there a way to trigger these buttons from the ZerOs monitor app:-

1. Z / Shift Key (toggle)
  2. Channel / Playback (toggle)
  3. Page Change 1..48:49..96 (toggle)

4. Record
  5. Update
  6. Delete

7. Setup
  8. Clear
  9. View 

Reason:-

Since the ZerOS Monitor displays what is on the FLX S external monitor of the console, therefore from my PC (or iPad), I can only control and see whatever is actually displayed on the external monitor.  So when the console powers on in "Channels" mode, if I am not near the console, there is no way I can control the "Playbacks" unless someone at the console presses the "Playback / Channels" button.

Likewise, pressing the "View" button will affect the monitor, etc.

So is there a way to have these buttons "pressed remotely" via the app?  Perhaps a keyboard shortcut?  It would be ideal to have full remote control of the console via an App.

There is already the ability to change between "Programming" and "Palettes" in the ZerOS Monitor App by pressing the on-screen button with a mouse or finger.  Perhaps additional buttons could be added here for: "Channels/Playbacks", "Views", "Page Change 1..48:49..96", etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Matthew,

7 hours ago, MatthewD said:

Is there a way to trigger these buttons from the ZerOs monitor app:

I have replied to your other post regarding keyboard shortcuts. The only other one to mention is that CTRL + Z on an external keyboard is the same as tapping Z/Shift on the console.

6 hours ago, MatthewD said:

Since the ZerOS Monitor displays what is on the FLX S external monitor of the console, therefore from my PC (or iPad), I can only control and see whatever is actually displayed on the external monitor. 

This will change in the next software update, ZerOS 7.9.5, which will allow for the remote monitor to be viewing a different desktop to the console.

So when the console powers on in "Channels" mode, if I am not near the console, there is no way I can control the "Playbacks" unless someone at the console presses the "Playback / Channels" button.

The ZerOS Remote app for iPad will allow you to control Playbacks irrespective of the channel mode on the console. To do this connect to the console, and choose Playbacks from the page chooser drop down at the bottom of the app.

Likewise, pressing the "View" button will affect the monitor, etc.

To stop the VIEW button controlling the external monitor, and instead control the internal touchscreen, tap SETUP -> System Settings -> External Monitor -> Disabled.

So is there a way to have these buttons "pressed remotely" via the app?  Perhaps a keyboard shortcut?  It would be ideal to have full remote control of the console via an App.

See your other post for keyboard shortcuts...

There is already the ability to change between "Programming" and "Palettes" in the ZerOS Monitor App by pressing the on-screen button with a mouse or finger.  Perhaps additional buttons could be added here for: "Channels/Playbacks", "Views", "Page Change 1..48:49..96", etc.

You will notice in ZerOS 7.9.5 there are a couple of new desktops introduced.

Hope this helps, any queries let me know.

Edward