Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Inserting a cue as a whole number

dougalzeb

Is it possible to insert a cue as a whole number? For example if i just finished programming a show and realised that cue 5 out of 120 was missing i would like to be able to drop in a cue at position 5 and shunt the rest of the cues along one so that the cue number on the desk matched that on the book (without having to alter all of the numbers in the book!) Is this possible?

Don't entirly get what you mean however you can insert cues you have missed e.g. if you want to put a cue between 5 and 6 you can insert and then the new cue number would become 5.1.

I think in your possition I would program cue 5 onto memory 121 and then write on my cue sheet Cue 5- Mem 121, then when DSM goes

S/B LX 5 tap in 121 on my keyboard and on LX 5 GO press GO and then tap 6 in on my keyboard and continue running.

I may of got completly the wrong end of the stick though- v tired atm

Sam

I basically want to be able to insert a cue which is not a point cue thus keeping the desk and the book on the same numbers. I have used the workaround you have suggested (using the 'jump' function) before but in our venue I sometimes get (how to put it nicely??) 'particular' clients who want things a certain way as they may have little experience as board ops and little things cause great amounts of fear/ for them. If I could just insert the new cue as 5 and then the rest shunted along and re-numbered accordingly it would help greatly. Is this not possible? If not i will suggest it in the requests section. Cheers. :D

I think in your possition I would program cue 5 onto memory 121 and then write on my cue sheet Cue 5- Mem 121, then when DSM goes

S/B LX 5 tap in 121 on my keyboard and on LX 5 GO press GO and then tap 6 in on my keyboard and continue running.

Then again you could use the jump function, to jump straight to 121 after cue 4 (leave trigger on "Go") and then set cue 121 to jump to cue 6 afterwards.

P

Peter Kirkup

I am afraid you can't renumber a cue list on the Frog range. You can do this on the Illusion. The only solution is a point cue, a jump or copy cues one by one to move them all up one.

You should have made a security copy of your show before copy each mem ...

I found out that it is a little tricky to copy about 100 memories step by step

I would go to point the memory as mem 4.1 ... it´s the same thing as mem 5

you don´t have to do the book, only change cue 5 to cue 4.1 ;) no "jump" will be required anymore.

cheers

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone