Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Timecode with ARTNET?

Erics

Since any FLX Desk has a network port it would be nice if the FLX would support Timecode not only with MIDI. I would like to see the FLX as Master with internal Timecode generator and send the Timecode as Output with Artnet. Also as Slave who receive Timecode with Artnet.

So it would be possible to use Timecode on the the S24 and S48 too.

In the moment i use a GLP Console with internal Timecode generator to sync the Cues and trigger the Musik with an DMX Mp3 player. So the first Cuelist starts the DMX Player when the Timcode starts. After that all cuelist would be triggered by the internal generator. I do that because the whole show would be recorded on a dmx recorder and should work standalone.

On the FLX it seemed to be that i must have always a external generator for timecode.

I use: Zero 88 FLX S48 / ETC ColorSource 40 / GLP Creation 4096 / Chamsys MQ70 / Madrix

Thanks for this request Erics,

On 7/23/2018 at 10:56 AM, Erics said:

I would like to see the FLX as Master with internal Timecode generator and send the Timecode as Output with Artnet. Also as Slave who receive Timecode with Artnet.

I've added an extra comment to request ZOS-7391 which discusses adding an internal Timecode. 

I've also added ZOS-8733 specifically for supporting ArtTimeCode (both receiving and generating)

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control