Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Can i name Submaster Pages?

Bourne Leisure

hi, can i name the submaster page itself or does it have to stay at the defult of Page 1...Page 2 etc.??

Also, just started a new job with a frog, and the person who was before me hasn't left the lock code...what is it? and what does it lock out? can i assign certain features to be locked out as in the pulsar masterpeice? thanx

hi

im no expert on the desks dont get me wrong :) , but as far as I know you can't name submaster pages.

It's a shame because this latest software has 20 pages and its hard to keep on top of them!

The lock code I think just prevents you from changing anything - editing memories and subs etc. but I think that it still lets you actually affect the outputs i.e I think that you can still actually use the subs and channel faders.

As for changing what the lock 'locks' I havent heard of a way but again - good suggestion! I personally feel that it would be nice if you could completely lock all use of the desk - people may not know how to edit a memory but they'd soon fiddle with the sliders!

Lock code: The user can choose their own lock code. The code is entered with the submaster flash keys. The default may be 1234 or 0000 (use sub 10 as a 0) but if you don't know it then I think you can contact zero 88 - apparently there is a certain special code for each desk to unlock it.

sp

About the lock code, if it is unlocked at the moment and you don't have the code to change it, what you can do is go to

SUPER USER > CLEAR/RESET > CLEAR TO DEFAULT

(Make sure you save any important shows first though :wink: )

This will then reset the code back to 0000. You can then change it to whatever you want, now you have the current code.

However if the desk is currently locked, then as minimac said, get in touch with Zero 88.

The lock function prevents anyone changing crucial settings such as patches and they cannot edit/add to memories and submasters etc. You can still output a look on the generic channels if the desk is locked.

The main philosophy behind locking a desk is to prevent any unauthorised users modifying any of the setup or show data (memories, submasters, palettes, SX buttons etc).

Memories, submasters, SX buttons and palettes can still be played back as normal when the desk is locked, but none of the show data can be edited.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

This will then reset the code back to 0000. You can then change it to whatever you want, now you have the current code.

However if the desk is currently locked, then get in touch with Zero88.

according to that it is possible to get the original code even when desk is locked: by updating the desk operating software 'DOS' *lol* after the update it will setted back 0000 - this is only a assumption due to most of IT processes I know.

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone