Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Operating efficiently for a school game show set

Jackk

I was wondering if I could have some advice on the best way to control the leapfrog in a game show manner.

I have an event coming up in a weeks time and i did the same show last year and I encountered some problems when busking as I had just updated zeros to 7.9.3. which I figured out how to solve a couple days later.

So this lead to me wondering what the most efferent way to program the show (where I should uses MFF or pallets).

For the main bulk of the show we are using 4 Chauvet Colorrail’s to light up 4 podiums which all have a different colour uplight to start with. When one of the contests buzz in it shows me on the screen which podium it was when this happens I have to dim the other uplights to 50%. If the contest gets it right I have to change the colour to green the back to the default colours on all podiums. If they get it wrong I have set it to red and bring it down to 50% and bring the remain contestants podiums back to 100% and repeat this process until one of the contestants get it correct.

The reason I brought up this question is that when you record one of the states into an MFF you have to manually clear the MFF to allow another MFF to change the colour. I was wondering if it would be worth Recording the default colours in to 4 different MFF (one for each podium) to uses them as intensity’s. Then programming every possible colour combination of 4 podiums and name them and arrange them in pages corresponding to which podiums where in or out.

Also sorry for the long windedness of this post Any advice one which is the best way to do this is appreciated.