Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Format disk

sp

Can a floppy be formatted with the phantom frog?

I've seen posts that suggest that the desks use a different method of formatting, so I thought perhaps it should be done from the phantom.

If I try and format a disk from the phantom frog, it gives an error.

The disk is ok though, as shows are saved on it fine.

sp

The Phantom Frog does not support formatting of disks, since on a PC this can easily be achieved using the PCs operating system tools. Also if you set the floppy path in Phantom Frog to C:Temp or something, what would you want it to format ...???!!!

There is nothing special about the format of the floppy disk. The posts which suggest formatting the disk in the desk (usually prior to making an upgrade disk) are to help in cases where the desk does not recognise the disk. It's been found that formatting it in the desk sometimes helps here. Removes a whole load of worries about drive tolerances and things...