Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Button Wing for FLX S?

Erics

Are there any plans to get only a button wing as extension for FLX (S) serie?

I often use buttons for effekts, color and gobo cues, smoke machines... where i don't need any intensity. So i don't want to waste desk space for faders.

I know that i can use a ZerOs Wing or an Enttec Playback Wing. Would be an Enttec Shortcut Wing also possible?

I use: Zero 88 FLX S48 / ETC ColorSource 40 / GLP Creation 4096 / Chamsys MQ70 / Madrix

Hi Eric,

No, there are currently no plans to create a button wing for FLX S, and the Enttec shortcut wings aren't currently supported.

Remember you can use Palettes together with Programme Time for live control, which can reduce your dependency on Playbacks and UDKs.

Jon 

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Thanks for your reply Jon. I think palettes are okay for color and gobo. But for effects real buttons are the way to go. I have some vertikal fog machines, there you could programm fog with LED colour on one button. So you need a button for each colour to flash it fast.

Perhaps a custum button panel with flash fuction in the mobile app would also help. so you could use a tablet as extension.

I use: Zero 88 FLX S48 / ETC ColorSource 40 / GLP Creation 4096 / Chamsys MQ70 / Madrix

It looks good i think. I thought about buying a S24 too. In the Moment i have the S48 wich works with my old touchscreen. Normaly 24 faders would be enough for my disco jobs. But if i have to spend a whole fader for every effekt flash 24 are gone fast. So i bought the bigger one. Great where a small button row wich could be added with USB on the top with 12 or more buttons. The FLX had seperate buttons for each page. It also hat switch button inputs at the back. I could build the buttons by my own, but if i have no possibility to connect that doesn't help.

• 1 month later...