Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Output window by group

keredyelesob

Hi This may be a bit of an obscure request, but here it goes. :)  

I was working a show that had just over 350 fixtures in it. a lot you may think that is a lot but 250 of them where LED pixel strips, 1 RGB led in the strip was the equivalent to 1 fixture. (on a side note the desk performed well, no sluggish behaviour or random crashing when running effects with over 250 plus fixtures)

i noticed that with this many fixtures the output screen became very cumbersome to use due the the shear amount of RGB fixtures. With this i had a thought, would it be possible to see outputs by group, (if a fixture is not in a group then it shows as an individual unit)?

Or

collapse groups of fixtures. Currently the output window displays fixtures grouped (not as a pallet but by their name). can these auto name groups be collapsed and expanded to help clean up the output window. The main reason for asking is that most of the time i did not need to see the ~250 RGB fixtures as i was treating them as one once i had programmed the effects.

Hope i have explained this well enough,

Kind regards