Jump to content
Zero 88 Community Support Forum
Guest Nick

Overall master fader

Recommended Posts

Guest Nick

Hello, I am interested in buying a Zero88 FLX 24 but I heard that there is no overall master fader, only a playback master, will that be assignable as a master fader in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Nick,

The 24 faders on the left hand side of the console can either be channels, or what we call "Playbacks". You can assign any of these Playbacks, plus the Master Playback fader under the touchscreen to be what we call a "Grand Master" fader, which allows you to control the overall output of the console.

Hope that helps, any queries let me know

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Steve

How do you assign the master play back fader  to act as grand master? i cannot seem to figure that out. also i cannot figure out how to go to blackout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest Steve said:

How do you assign the master play back fader  to act as grand master? i cannot seem to figure that out. also i cannot figure out how to go to blackout.

Hi Steve,

If you haven't recorded anything onto the Master Playback, hold SETUP and tap the Master Playback's GO button. You will then be able to choose "Grand Master". The fader will then act as the Grand Master, and the Master Playback's button will act as a Blackout.

Hope that helps, any queries let me know.

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Nick

I have another question about the FLX but I'm not sure how to formulate it so opening a new topic with a very confusing title wouldn't be the best idea.
We still would like to buy a FLX 24 and we also want to invest in some more led fixtures but that might be a problem for technicians that bring their own console.
Is it possible to keep the FLX in the chain, using a DMX merger, for choosing the colors and zoom etc for the fixtures and to patch it, so the guest technician can patch as if he's patching conventional lights, so he only controls the intensity.

I hope the above makes some sense and someone can answer the question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Nick,

Yes that is possible, depending on your fixtures and the merge that you use.

Is there any reason the Guest Technician wouldn't use the FLX S? 

Keeping one control console always makes things easier, and if the guest technician wants to use the console and just control intensities you could always use the Remote App to control the colour and zoom remotely, whilst they stick to controlling intensities.

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Nick

Well, I'm talking about a small theatre setting so sometimes people take their own console with the show already programmed, all they have to do is patch the fixtures and check the intensities, but most shows are still made on conventional lights so it would be handy to tell them patching won't be too much of a hassle because of the led fixtures in our theatre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2018 at 2:25 PM, Edward- Z88 said:

Hi Steve,

If you haven't recorded anything onto the Master Playback, hold SETUP and tap the Master Playback's GO button. You will then be able to choose "Grand Master". The fader will then act as the Grand Master, and the Master Playback's button will act as a Blackout.

Hope that helps, any queries let me know.

Edward

Edward,

I tried this, but I do not see a "Grand Master" option anywhere to be able to accept it.  Forgive me, I am a complete newb.  Also if I suceed ingetting this to work will the GM and blackout function work regardless of whether I am in Channels or Playback mode i.e. will it override everything else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

If you are not seeing an option for Grand Master when you enter the Master Playback's settings, tap DELETE -> then tap the Master Playback's button. You can then hold SETUP and tap its button, and in these special settings displayed on the internal touchscreen you should see an option for Grand Master. Choose this, and click OK.

When using the Master Playback for a Grand Master and Blackout, you will be able to use it to control the overall intensity of the console regardless of whether you're in Channels or Playbacks fader function.

Hope that helps, any queries let me know.

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi LisaEkbom,

Any empty playback can be configured to be a Grand Master, it doesn’t have to be the Master Playback.

If you’d like the Master Playback to be a Grand Master, copy your existing playback to an empty playback by tapping Z/Shift -> Copy -> Tap the Master Playback -> Tap a flashing empty playback to copy to. Then tap DELETE -> tap your Master Playback, then hold SETUP + tap your Master Playback. You can then choose Grand Master from the options and click OK. 

To go back and view your cue stack again, hold VIEW and tap the Playback button you copied to. If you don’t feel confident deleting playbacks, make sure you save a copy of your show first to a USB stick, then if you Delete the wrong playback you can simply load your show file back in.

Hope this helps

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2018 at 12:42 PM, Edward- Z88 said:

Hello,

If you are not seeing an option for Grand Master when you enter the Master Playback's settings, tap DELETE -> then tap the Master Playback's button. You can then hold SETUP and tap its button, and in these special settings displayed on the internal touchscreen you should see an option for Grand Master. Choose this, and click OK.

When using the Master Playback for a Grand Master and Blackout, you will be able to use it to control the overall intensity of the console regardless of whether you're in Channels or Playbacks fader function.

Hope that helps, any queries let me know.

Edward

Hiya how do you assign one of 24 normal playbacks to become a grand master? 

 

Thanks michael 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Michael,

You can assign these to be a Grand Master in exactly the same way as assigning the Master Playback - hold SETUP and tap an empty Playback’s button, and from the options choose Grand Master.

Hope this helps,

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edward- Z88 said:

Hi Michael,

You can assign these to be a Grand Master in exactly the same way as assigning the Master Playback - hold SETUP and tap an empty Playback’s button, and from the options choose Grand Master.

Hope this helps,

Edward

Hi Edward that’s fantastic thank you.

 

Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Michaelm said:

Hi Edward that’s fantastic thank you.

 

 Michael

No problem, let me know if there’s anything else I can help with. 

Edward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.