Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Recording individual parameters in palettes

Lufferov

How do I record a specific parameter in a palette?

I'm using my moving head profile, it has gobos, prism, focus, rotation etc... all on the "Beam" control. How do I set up a palette so that it just records the prism in, and another with the prism out? Same with rotation, say I hit a rotate clockwise palette and it just rotates the currents selected gobo? At the moment, when I record a beam palette it seems to record every beam attribute. I'm certain I'm just doing something wrong.

When you move an encoder, the box on the touchscreen above the encoder highlights in blue. This means that parameter is "tagged". If you tap that box (or hold CLEAR whilst moving the encoder) it will become untagged. Only tagged values get recorded into palettes.

That said...

In the Record Window you can override this. "Smart Tag" will ignore manual tagging and use a set of rules to decide what should be tagged and not tagged. If Smart Tag's not enabled, you can also filter by attribute along the bottom of the Record Window - the line along the side of the button changes between blue (off), red or green. Blue means no parameters within that attribute will get recorded (no matter if they are tagged or not). Red means only tagged parameters within that attribute will get recorded (this is default). Green means all parameters within that attribute will get recorded (no matter if they are tagged or not).

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control