Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Suggestion how to increase the Fan and FX functions !!

HUGOLiTE

Hi all !!

First of all I would like to say that this range of consoles probably are the best in the midrange of lightdesks !! Keep up the good work !!

1. In order to make the fan function more powerful it would be nice if it was effected in what order I selected the fixtures instead of the DMX address settings. I think this could speed up the programming as well as the whole setup.

2. It would be nice to have a FX generator in the intensity, color and beam attributes aswell. Think of the nice rainbow effects you could do !

Let me know what you guys think !!

ps. A highlight and next fix. button could be nice as well.

Best regards /

Johan Friberg

HUGOLiTE, Sweden

1. In order to make the fan function more powerful it would be nice if it was effected in what order I selected the fixtures instead of the DMX address settings. I think this could speed up the programming as well as the whole setup.

The fan function is based on the fixture numbers of the selected fixtures, not their DMX addresses. The idea is that if you are going to use the fan function especially in conjunction with the movement effect generator, then you would number your fixtures according to how they are setup in the rig. The DMX addresses that the fixtures is irrelevant as far as the fan function goes.

2. It would be nice to have a FX generator in the intensity, color and beam attributes aswell. Think of the nice rainbow effects you could do !

An FX generator on the other attributes would have to be designed differently to the movement effect generator, as it is specifically designed to operate on Pan and Tilt parameters.

A highlight and next fix. button could be nice as well.

Please explain what you would expect the 'highlight' and 'next fixture' buttons to do.

The main problem is that there are no 'spare' buttons available on the desks as far as I remember - so having combinations of buttons is feasible but the interface then starts becoming complicated and non-intuitive.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

An FX generator on the other attributes would have to be designed differently to the movement effect generator, as it is specifically designed to operate on Pan and Tilt parameters.

But is it possible to add an fx generator to the desk? Or is this going to be on the FrogII?

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

Most things (within reason) are possible, but it is up to the management to decide where best to spend our resources, both in time and effort.

We have to divide our time between supporting and improving existing products and developing new ones, and currently most of the effort is going on the latter :wink:

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace