Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fixture update fail.

terryb

My ML24 is a nightmare when it comes to updating via USB. I am trying to update from V30 to V32.

I am loading gft32_00.ift

It starts loading and eventually it gets to 99% and then gives the error message 'Wrong File Type'

My desk seems very picky about USB sticks and it is hard to find one it will talk to. I have tried reformatting them and being a Mac user I have tried using the DOS formatting available.

Any thoughts please?

Terry

More. . . .

As you would expect when trying to install the fixture update I went through all the possible fixes including resetting the desk and unplugging it and waiting for a minute or so before powering it up again. All to no avail, the error message recurred each time.

This morning whilst waiting for the kettle to boil I powered up the desk and tried again. To my exasperation it worked. Same memory stick same everything. Frustrating isn't it?

Hi Terry,

Odd... you clearly shouldn't be experiencing this.

Normally when we see a Fixture Library installation fail part-way through with the error "Wrong File Type", it's because the ZerOS library rather than the "Filtered Library" is being used - however I'd expect it to fail earlier than 99% of the way through, and not to then randomly work the following morning.

I'm part-wondering if it's because it's formatted on macOS, however I don't see why this should be an issue. I'm also part-wondering if there's a hardware issue with the USB on your console - how old is it?

Jon

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control