Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Doctor Who - The Welsh Connection

K-Nine

I have just received news that the character of the Master will return in the new "Doctor Who" series and that former pop singer Rick Astley has been cast in the part.

According to a BBC spokesman, Mr I.M. Kiddin, Rick Astley has always wanted to break into acting and this is the ideal role to stretch his talents.

With the new series of Doctor Who being filmed in Wales, several Welsh singers were auditioned for the part but sadly neither Tom Jones, Shakin' Stevens or Aled Jones were suitable, hence the Mancunian Astley was approached.

There are also rumours that Catherine Zeta Jones will appear as the Rani and a Welsh Corgi will take on the role of K-Nine :wink:

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Considerating the posting date, I presume this news to be the gossip of the week in Wales.

I'm glad I neither receive welsh television, nor have the time to attend this board on a regular/appropriate time (sic).

Only when a red phone box appears on my stage, I will change opinion 'bout this straightaway.

There must be ample space in that booth for a stage, btw... :?

Apparently, when the program was first broadcast in colour in 1970, the TARDIS did appear to be green 8O

Extract from: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/featur...wee_years.shtml

For a start, the series looked much better than it had done when Troughton played the Doctor. For the first time, Doctor Who was in colour. Even the production staff took a while to get used to this - for instance the old TARDIS console prop is used at first. The old TARDIS looked fine in the black and white episodes, but in colour it is revealed to be green! As in many programmes at that time, colour was such a novelty that it was somewhat overused, meaning the clothes and sets used now look rather garish. As well as being in colour, Spearhead was shot entirely on film (the only Doctor Who story which was), giving the whole programme a big budget feel.

Bran Media | Myspace

Now I remember, in 1970, when I exchanged the cromasignals R-Y and B-Y accidentally on our modified b/w television. So the box appeared red and dr. Who in cyan.

.. or maybe it was those dodgy mushrooms that people used to eat (allegedly) in those days, that produced the psychedelic colours :lol::lol:

Bran Media | Myspace