Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Solution Remote

JamesBH

Hey, I'm trying to setup the remote feature on the desk to use with the android apps for the solution. I have followed the instructions in the manual but when setting DHCP to Yes the desk dissapears from the app and says "Remote Not Enabled - No DHCP Address" on the bottom of the screen. DHCP is enabled on the router and wireless on. Please help. :)

Go into SETUP > Network > Remotes, turn off DHCP and set the IP address to something unique but in the same range - for example 192.168.1.30 - I think you'll find that works for you.

Also, if it's a normal home wireless router, make sure the network cable is plugged into a LAN port, not a WAN port (usually there's 1 WAN port, often yellow, and 4 LAN ports)

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 2 weeks later...

I changed the IP adress on the desk (to 192.168.0.30) and it pinged up straight away. I had also changed the network cable from the desk to the router but I don't know if that made any difference, the previous cable didn't have connectors in every space of the plug but the other one did.