Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

FAT FROG - Help Creating Fixture Profile

RCRLIGHTING

Hello All,

I have 4 GLOW-LIGHTING Bumble Beams which in short is a Chinese knockoff of a Clay Paky Sharpy. I have tried using the Sharp Standard and Vector Profiles which seems to work...sort of. I tried to create a fixture profile but can't seem to get the configuration correct. Any help would be great.

Manual attached in zip form

Thank you in advance for your time.

Reg

Bumble-Beamâ„¢-User-Guide.zip

Hi Reg,

I had a quick look at your profile in the Fixture Tools and it looks superficially ok (I didn't check against the manual).

I notice you haven't allocated any wheels to any function - you say in your title that it's for Fat Frog, so you'd need to allocate each parameter within the "3-Wheel Groups" tab.

I've assigned these in the attached. You might want to edit this profile and group them a little more to your liking! Note there are multiple pages of Beamshape so you'll need to press the Beamshape button to cycle through the pages to get the required parameter available on a wheel.

Let me know if it's still broken or this wasn't the problem you had (I've never tried it but its possible the Fat Frog will auto-allocate wheels if the fixture doesn't define them!).

Re the 360 spin - this sounds like either a programming problem or maybe the HOME value for pan is not the "dead centre" position? Or maybe the MSB/LSB is the wrong way round for the 16-bit parameters pan/tilt (sorry didn't check the manual).

Regards,

Kevin

Sharpy_Clone_v2.ift

I've never tried it but its possible the Fat Frog will auto-allocate wheels if the fixture doesn't define them!

You're right - all consoles will auto-allocate the encoders if they aren't defined. The wheel groups just give you more control (one of the main reasons I use them is to have the same parameter on multiple pages - for example focus)

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control