Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Bundle serveral parameter

schwed2

Hi togher,

I am the proud owner of an new LED Moving Head (stairvile MHz1915). It is a nice lamp with 18 RGB LEDs. These LEDs are split in 5 different groups which can be controlled seperatly. That is a nice feature, but also a problem, because the color of each LED group is controlled by 3 distinct DMX channels, and the guys from Stairvile forgot to provide 3 parameters to controll the color of all groups. So, to adjust the red-value (say) of all LEDs I had to edit the red-value of all 5 LED-groups, a fact that drives me crasy.

So my question: Is it possible to say the solution desk to controll serveral dmx-channels as one object?

Thanks in advanced

Michael

I do not think so. (But I am not sure, the desk is as nwe as the moving head). If I choose a color from the color palette, the desk applies the RGB values to the moving heads parametergroup Red 1, Green 1 and Blue 1, which is only LED group 1, while the other LEDs stay unchanged...

If you set each group to e.g. red then record the colour palette then this should give you a shortcut to getting an "all red" fixture.

I realise this is not ideal as this does not allow you to "dial up" the colour on the fly, but if you know the colours you'll need when programming then this should give you a quicker approach than having to deal with each group separately.

I think is Jon is away at ABTT so unless Keith is about then you might have to wait a couple of days in the hopes of a better solution ( ;) ).

.... and the guys from Stairvile forgot to provide 3 parameters to controll the color of all groups.

they did not forget it; this feature is available in mode 14-channels (as with most other fixtures handling "color-groups", it depends the channel-mode you are using if you want to change colors, group by group or all together at once !!

so, the easiest way :

if you want to control all groups together put the fixture in mode 14 channels

if you want to control these groups separately put the fixture in mode 34 channels

by the way : you should read the manual because even in 34 channel-mode (separate groups) you can change colors at once for more than one group or all groups together...

look at channel 26 for colors and chanel 27 for group-selections.... !!!!!!!

with your Solution Desk, you can also create exclusive Submasters (one for R, another for G, another for B, and another for W, -> be shure to get "tagged" the desired color for all groups and to untag on every exclusive Sub the three other colors and have the Submaster-Control preference in ColorMode !)

important also : the default values for all the colors have to be at zéro (if not, exclusive color control won't work correctly !)

they did not forget it; this feature is available in mode 14-channels (as with most other fixtures handling "color-groups", it depends the channel-mode you are using if you want to change colors, group by group or all together at once !!

so, the easiest way :

if you want to control all groups together put the fixture in mode 14 channels

if you want to control these groups separately put the fixture in mode 34 channels

by the way : you should read the manual because even in 34 channel-mode (separate groups) you can change colors at once for more than one group or all groups together...

look at channel 26 for colors and chanel 27 for group-selections.... !!!!!!!

with your Solution Desk, you can also create exclusive Submasters (one for R, another for G, another for B, and another for W, -> be shure to get "tagged" the desired color for all groups and to untag on every exclusive Sub the three other colors and have the Submaster-Control preference in ColorMode !)

important also : the default values for all the colors have to be at zéro (if not, exclusive color control won't work correctly !)

Hi Ziglight,

About the 14 or 34 channel topic: Yes, that's right. But it is not really a choice. I need the diffrent LED groups so 14-channels it not an option.

About reading the manual: I have done that, and it is also not a satisfatory solution. Channel 26 is for predefined colors, and they are really ugly.

The idea of creating submasters seems to be exactly what I need, so thank you very much.

• 1 month later...