Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Taking Phantom files to a board

sam.henderson

Guys,

A very urgent question for you!

I have the Phantom Frog and I have a board in the Theatre. Is it possible for me to program at home and then take it in and load it without knowing the DMX address at home! At the moment on my phantom I have just assigned the 4 fixtures but haven't patched them. When I go in tomorrow will it work even though when I programmed it at home I didn't have the DMX Address??

Please Help

SAM

You should be able to save your show from the phantom frog onto a floppy disk on your PC. Go through the same procedure as you would on the real desk.

Load the showfile into your desk - go into desk setup and patch the fixtures to the correct DMX addresses - it should be OK :)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

You should be able to save your show from the phantom frog onto a floppy disk on your PC. Go through the same procedure as you would on the real desk.

Load the showfile into your desk - go into desk setup and patch the fixtures to the correct DMX addresses - it should be OK :)

And the winner of legend of the year award goes to...........

K-9 the most helful person in cyberspace. You know what they say a "a dog is a mans best friend" and all that. Unfortunatly I can't provide a LED maglite like the blue room but at least you will get that wonderful warm glow inside you knowing you have helped someone :lol::lol:

Sam