Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

laser control

minimac

1.hi there, can the fatfrog control lasers? i saw http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl?eqint_...032216293981#PI which has 7 dmx channels and was wondering if the fatfrog could control this.

2. can the fatfrog control anything with dmx, are there any limitations?

3. Random question, but do you know how many fatfrog desks there are in the world?

1)

Add an optional DMX controller for remote control of tons of special Stinger laser effects.

think you have to buy a special controller for the stinger where there are shows preprogrammed.

2) If you have the right personality files I would control normal lights, but for lasers I'm not sure.

3) I hope for the guys @ zero88 that there are a lot in the world

The fatfrog can control anything with DMX if you write a fixture personality for it. However as Yves suggests, for things like lasers you might find it easier to use a dedicated controller, which will have pre-programmed effects specific to the device.

Yes we do know how many fatfrog desks there are in the world :D

If your laser device has a DMX addressing system, you should be able to work with it. We have an elation power spot, which has a basic type of laser, and I can do designs by moving the head with mspeed. If DMX is there, use the fixture editor tool and create you fixture library for the laser, load and go.

Hans Devouassoux

Capital Community Church