Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Jerky Fixture Movement

Neil.Roehrborn

• 1 month later...

We've experienced this problem several times, we think we've cracked what was causing it, well our problem anyway...

If you hold down the position button a menu will appear on the fixture panel, edit mode, from here you can scroll through various modes; absolute, relative etc.

Try changing this to absolute, or any of the others, and see if it sorts it out. Hope that helps, we think this was what was causing our problems anyway.

• 5 months later...

I use the fat frog and 6 mac 250+. When I first started programming memories a couple of years ago I noticed the jerks on slow speeds. I just started moving the fade times up and down till the jerks came out. Then I just override the speed for the speed of the song. I can't remember what speeds made it jerk because it has been a while but I did get slow movement with out the jerks that way. Every once in a while I will override and get to slow and it will start the jerk again. I don't know exactly what is causing it but I did figure out how to work around it. For some reason I am thinking that 4 and 7 were bad numbers with the jerks. Those are my favorite numbers and I kinda remember not being able to use them, lol.