Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Function playback faders & testing lamps

zombo21

Hello,

i have a question about the function change of the playback fader.

you can choose between 1 way, 2 way and A/B.

but i dont see the diverence at all the 3 functions it chance in 1 way only.

i have version 7.8.2.4 on my orb XF.

Als i have a question about selecting channels and put the in full for checking Lamps.

on a old sparktop we can use the + button to go 1 channel further and put it on with full then.

is there a function on the XF to check channels and put the on and off for example:

1@full + @full + @full + @full

what happen is 1 goes on and then 2 and 3 and 4.

Is this possible?

i have a question about the function change of the playback fader.

you can choose between 1 way, 2 way and A/B.

but i dont see the diverence at all the 3 functions it chance in 1 way only.

i have version 7.8.2.4 on my orb XF.

You need to release the playback before the new function will apply. If you press SHIFT and RELEASE together, this will release everything (causing a blackout) and then you can use the new Fader Function (there are a lot of ways to release individual playbacks - that's just the easiest!).

Als i have a question about selecting channels and put the in full for checking Lamps.

on a old sparktop we can use the + button to go 1 channel further and put it on with full then.

is there a function on the XF to check channels and put the on and off for example:

1@full + @full + @full + @full

what happen is 1 goes on and then 2 and 3 and 4.

Is this possible?

I'd use Highlight to do this, other people would use RemDim.

Highlight takes the intensity of the selected fixture to full, and Colour / Beam parameters to home (Position parameters don't get affected). So select channel 1 (1 ENTER) and then turn on Highlight (SHIFT + HOME together). Now you can use the NEXT and PREVIOUS keys (which appear on the 5 keys with LCDs above the main numberpad) to go to the next channel.

RemDim takes the selected fixture to full (or leaves it at it's current intensity if it's already on), and turns everything else off. RemDim is accessed by pressing SHIFT + FULL together.

Both of these functions can be assigned to the "blank button" (top left of the number pad), so you don't need to remember the shortcuts. Just hold down SETUP and press the blank button, and then choose RemDim or Highlight from the options.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control