Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fixture Request FLX

IJazzI

Hi.

Really sorry to bother anyone but I'm totally new to the world of FLX having only used a Fat Frog in mostly manual mode! I'm teaching myself to use the FLX but there's one type of our new LED lights that isn't listed: Chauvet COLORdash Batten Quad 6

Can anyone help? I don't yet understand the fixture creation tool!

Here you go.

4/6/10/24/28 channel options, plus a separate "common" parameters set and an "RGBA" parameters set should you wish to set each RGBA element as a separate fixture to support desk-based effects.

No, I don't fancy doing one of those again!

Put it on a USB stick, "Load File" on the FLX then use the Patch Wizard to choose the fixture for the mode you want to use.

chauvet_colordash_batten_quad_6.ift

Good stuff :-)

Would be interested to hear from Jon if the multiple fixture strategy is right in the above - I thought I could create multiple subfixtures in the fixture definition, however when I tried to save the fixture it wouldn't allow it (1 subfixture only allowed) - athough it let me create the data for multiple subfixtures! (2.6.0.0 Fixture Editor.)

Yes - that's exactly what I'd do - create one fixture for the channels that affect the whole fixture, and then patch separate fixtures for each "cell". Thanks for making these!

In the library, within "Standard Fixtures", there's already an RGBA profile. When creating a profile such as RGBA, where there's no dimmer channel, you need to create a "Virtual Intensity" - which scales the RGBA values down to 0% when you change the intensity.

To do this, create an extra parameter for dimmer, but choose "Virtual Intensity".

dimmer.png

Then on all the other parameters that can "create light" (so RGBA, but not things like pan, gobo etc), choose "Scale by Virtual Intensity".

Parameter.png

You should end up with something like this:

overall.png

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control