Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Releasing a UDK with Clear+UDK (when UDK Setup Release=No)

kgallen

Hi Jon,

(7.8.4 production)

If a UDK is setup with Release=No, I found that Clear+UDK (or Clear+Fader Func) won't release the channels on the UDK.

p57 of the Draft1 manual talks about UDK release, but you could read the two paragraphs under "Release" either way.

I had a situation where the UDK controlled strobes on some LED fixtures (Flash=Latch). With the setup as Release=No, there was no real way to release the strobe. I was in tracking mode running a stack on playback 0, and running cues did not clear the strobe (since the strobe attribute was not tagged in any recorded cue and was tracking through and I didn't have a blocking cue - even a DBO wasn't!). Running Cue 0 (playback 0) also did not release the strobe, which I was surprised at - in that the strobing was still there when the fixture faded up in cue 1. Clear+UDK did not release the strobe. Home the fixture did not, because this was just in the programmer and Clear-Clear "released" the home. The only way I could find to release the strobe was to know that UDK4 has triggered it and change its setup to Release=Yes, re-trigger it and re-release it.

I was just experimenting with the desk, but I think Clear+UDK (and Clear+Fader Func) should always release the channels, even if UDK setup Release=No, as I understand the Clear+... operation is somewhat intended as a "get out of jail" operation?

Thanks,

Kevin

I see the problem... I was being slow.

In ZerOS 7.8.4 CLEAR + Fader Function only releases the Multi Function Faders.

In ZerOS 7.8.5, we've added UDKs to the list of things CLEAR + Fader Function releases.

This fixes that problem. The other problem (CLEAR + UDK not working) has been logged as ZOS-6794

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 2 weeks later...