Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Photos, Pictures, Avatars

GLX

Upload them to some webspace, you can make a free page using geocities or something then get the image URL (Obtainable by right clicking the image>properties>Address {URL}

Once you have this you can paste the address into here>highlight the address>and then click Img to put tags arround it.

Finally it may look like this (without the spaces)

[ img ]http://support.zero88.com/forum/templates/subTrail/images/logo_phpBB.gif[ /img ]

• 4 months later...

The current situation is that you need to keep any images or photos on your own webspace and use the tags or hyperlinks in the posts.

I have been informed that there is no easy way to allow multiple users access to upload images to the server and this would raise various security and control issues.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I have had similar experiences when hosting pictures using www.TinyPic.com . On some forums they work fine, on others such as this they come up with an error message or the red 'x'. I asked Peter about this and here is his response:

It would seem to me that the problem lies in the tinypic url. The Blue Room software (and I imagine the Zero88 forum software too) expects a .gif or .jpg at the end of a url to recognize that it's an image. Try www.photobucket.com , which is definitely blue room and Zero88 forum friendly.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 7 months later...

well, there seem to be a few of these posts - including my one, that ask things like this, perhaps it is time for a "Beginers Manual" where we gather up all the posts like this one and and put them and there replys (with some editing) into a manual for beginers who dont understand all the technical speak so that the newbies can understand it.

All the baby frogs!

But i cant find the Babyfrog photo to post :(

Moderation: Topic split and moved to Forum Issues

This is completely off-topic, but if you wanted to use that baby frog picture you would need to save it to your machine and resize it so that

its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 8 KB.

Then in your Edit Profile window, you should be able to upload it from your machine.

sp